Monday, May 2

drama queens

Last night, Judy-Bob and I took in a play called "Babes in Outer Space," which was just a wee bit Off Broadway (assuming you consider the southeast corner of Mockingbird @ 75-Central to be Off Broadway). Babes is based on the 1958 movie, Queen of Outer Space. Babes' run ends on May 21st, so I'd suggest trying to score your tickets now. This is easily the finest thespian extravaganza since Andrew Lloyd Webber's Cats.

That was the first time I've been to the Pocket Sandwich Theatre, which is within eyeshot of the Angelika. Being a small theatre, you're in close contact with the actors and tossing popcorn -- and advice (at appropriate times) -- is encouraged. Popcorn reloads are available for 50¢ each .. obviously a cash cow for the theatre.

We were there with a group of fellow KXEB listeners (the local Air America station at AM910), and most of them were not the 2-headed, baby-eating, free-spending freaks that Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter warned me about; I am so relieved. I wonder what other fables Rush (and his ilk) have been feeding me?

No comments: