Wednesday, July 9

The long way to Big D

I made a few tweaks to the neighborhood web site. I do this on behalf of the homeowners association [HOA], who could do all sorts of awful things if I stray too far out of line. I'm not sure what the repercussions might be, but they probably involve stamp licking, folding and related stuff. It's a voluntary HOA and there's always a need for volunteers. Hey, it keeps me off the street.

I was born in San Diego and lived in 4 different locations in Los Angeles county (from 1983 until August 1993). I don't remember Wahoo's Fish Taco® but then I wasn't cultured yet (having not yet moved to Dallas, which is the epicenter of North American culture).

By the way, I took the long way to Dallas:
San Diego CA -> Anchorage KY -> Bowling Green KY -> Elizabethtown KY -> Anchorage KY -> Boulder CO -> Lakewood CA -> Manhattan Beach CA -> Torrance CA -> Dallas TX