Friday, September 3

Bonus Room

Years ago, when I was house hunting, I sometimes wandered across houses where the builder added a "Bonus Room" atop the garage of a 2-story home. This usually became an entertainment room, painted all black (for maximum theatre realism). The owner must add their own disco ball, natch.

One of the things I like about DVDs is that there's often excess space for the "printer" to add "bonus features!!". At the end of the Outfoxed DVD (all about how Rupert Murdoch made The Fox "News" Channel into GOP-TV) there's a mention of MediaReform.net ("Free Press : media reform through outreach, activism, lobbying and networking") and newsHounds.us ("We watch FOX so you don't have to")

Unrelated: I stumbled across the Gene Linux Cluster page: wonder why they didn't call it the Gene Bob Linux Cluster? I hope that page stays online; if not, I can always try the Internet Archive (aka Wayback Machine).

No comments: