Sunday, September 5

Death Wish in Big D ?

Feeling hungry for something other than cold cereal, I ventured onto the streets to find breakfast, and was nearly killed in the process. It seems like the local early-church crowd didn't want to have anything to do with speed limits or lane markers (those must be for heathens) and they were out to prove it .. with a vengeance! Since I somehow returned to post this blog entry, I must've survived (but I'm not sure how).

Oddly enough, I actually feel safer during the weekday rush hour; the drivers don't seem to be as out of control as they were this morning. Then again, Dallas is the only city I've ever lived in where you can feel free to speed anytime (unless you're a minority) and get away with it.

Unrelated: This has to be in the running for Most Bizarre Website of 2004: MuslimsForBush.com; apparently they were met with less than open arms at a weekend rally near Chicago! Word of the MuslimsForBush site has reached the folks behind Muslim Wakeup.com (see: Bush Likes Muslims, But Republicans Don't).

Deep Thought #44: After viewing MuslimsForBush.com, I searched for a parallel JewsForHitler.com site, but couldn't find it. Zell Miller must not be running for re-election.

Now, what shall I watch today: The Boys from Brazil (1978) or (Charlie Chaplin's) The Great Dictator (1940) ?

No comments: