The Republic Party has done a spectacular job at one thing: convincing 51% of the people that they should always vote for what's best for the top 1% (wealth) - of which they are NOT a member.
Louisiana : go direckly to jale, do not pass GO
Spotted: New legal threat to teaching evolution in the US
The good news? 48 states still don't have Republic Party Stupid laws on the books.
Minority rule - for smokers only!!!
It's no secret that the majority of Texans have IQs smaller than their SUV's gas capacity (31), so I wasn't surprised to see some pea-brain mouth off about how a proposed smoking ban should not be implemented because "The fact that 70 percent of people support this ban is no reason to pass it." Ah, so now they support minority rights, while before they were part of the
Sunday Letters: Smoking ban
The Republic Party Credo - to be repeated in unison at their convention
- Never, EVER take responsibility
- Always blame the Democrats - for everything.
- Lie, then lie some more. Everybody Knows™ that if you repeat something 3 times, it becomes True! You may even start believing the lies yourself.
- Learn how to speak out of both sides of your mouth, without flinching. Develop a negative twist to everything your opponent does, even if it's just walking across the street.
- Trivialize everything your opponent says. Take a seemingly-insignificant phrase out of context, and tell your audience that was the primary message. Say it with a sneer, if possible.
- If you're an elected Republic, learn how to obfuscate and delay - those are GOP SOP (2007-8 Republic senators have filibustered more bills than any Congress in history)
- Never forget that most voters do not follow politics, so pander to them, always. You are there to get their vote, not educate them.
"The Republican brand is in the trash can. I've often observed that if we were a dog food, they would take us off the shelf."
-Tom Davis (R-Virginia) 19 May 2008
Everybody Knows is a trademark of FOX "News" and Rush Limbaugh, the $400 Million Man.