Friday, December 12

Friday Five

Do you enjoy the cold weather and snow for the holidays?
Snow? In Dallas? Yeah, right. I think the average snowfall is 2 inches .. yes, all season. I enjoy the change of weather, but don't mind living in a place where I don't have to shovel the sidewalk. Which reminds me, I still haven't raked any leaves (maybe next week). And on the rare occasions when it does snow, watching North Texans "lay in supplies" at the stores is great fun (you'd think they're preparing for 30 days without food, water, electricity).

What is your ideal holiday celebration? How, where, with whom would you celebrate to make things perfect?
Not sure I have one; I'm not big on traditions since (by definition) it means doing the same thing, time after time, year after year. How bo-ring. Then again, the thing I do at work involves consistency: making information available in the same format, as new products and technologies are introduced. Hmm. As to who I'd willingly spend the holiday? Well, I think you know who you are (no, I'm not naming names on The Blog).

Do you do have any holiday traditions?
After Thanksgiving, I stay away from the shopping malls until one hour before closing.

Do you do anything to help the needy?
Most years, I make a sizable contribution to the North Texas Food Bank (affiliated with America's Second Harvest). In years past, I've donated unused coats, and added to the toy collection at work. I also try to help the critters by donating to the SPCA of Texas.

What one gift would you like for yourself?
Warmth.