Sunday, September 7

AIP, AIP, BANR

I maintain a large abbreviation/acronym list at work, so it shouldn't surprise me when there are duplications in The Real World. An example is AIP, which can be either the American Institute of Philanthropy ("Charity Watchdog Helping Donors Make Informed Giving Decisions") or the American Institute of Physics

I have 3 pets @ home, each of which could be considered a charity! I try not to overfeed them, so I was amused at all the recent hoopla concerning Nutrient Requirements of Cats and Dogs. Somewhat related was my recent discovery of a new Purina cat food: Indoor Cat Formula (I suppose it contains cricket parts, grass clippings and other weird stuff upon which outdoor cats feed).

Is the Valentine One really the best RADAR detector? Some people get really bent out of shape over the voracity of RadarTest.com .. and what about LIDAR (basically lightwave [laser] RADAR)?

Just when you thought Texans couldn't git no stupider, there's The Chronicles of George which documents a (former) helpdesk moron in Houston. He's probably now employed as a greeter at Wal-Mart™.