Tuesday, September 30

pre-bowl feeding

I had the puerco con zucchini (¿como se dice zucchini en Español?) last night at Mario's Chiquita (kinda sorta behind Circuit City at Central/Parker). Then, it was off to be swept at bowling (the rest of us generally bowled above our averages, but Todd wasn't there).

Earlier in the day, I wandered around columnist Dan Gillmor's blog and had to laugh when he opined about Arnold-as-governor ("Terminal Stupidity"). California's my home state, and I lived there for 10 years, so I feel comfortable in saying: Californians Get What They Deserve. Personally, if I still lived there, I'd vote for Gary Coleman. I wonder how long after the election it'll be before they reform the absurd process which allowed 120 or so candidates on the ballot.

Lately, I've been following a discussion group about the deaf/HOH (hard of hearing) community. They mentioned a telephone which does automatic speech-to-text conversion: the Ultratec - CapTel phone. I also spotted an article entitled "Who is a big D in the Deaf Community?" which says "small d"(eaf) people align themselves with the hearing community (reading lips) while the "big D"(eaf) people use sign language to communicate among themselves.

I noticed that the local Mail Boxes Etc is becoming The UPS Store™ and was surprised to see that this is a system-wide change. Wow.

No comments: