Wednesday, October 1

Green Acres

Jill had considered putting bead board on her ceiling, but decided that would be "too country". This, from the woman who's gonna put floor tile on the ceiling instead. I suspect this is a delayed response to her trip Down Under last year, where water swirls backwards. She retorts "I don't do the country look in my house! The floor tile doesn't scream country ducks with blue bows around their necks!" Gene-Bob's prediction: it won't be too long before she moves the telephone, from its current location atop the pole (next to the house). Ah, life in Hooterville!

Here's yet-another article about the food fare at the fair: Texas-Fried Oreos, Anyone?

The weather in Dallas is usually too hot, or too cold. This week (thank you Three Bears) it's just right. So, I've decided to burn a week of vacation next week, and a journey to the Texas State Fair seems in order (I've been twice since moving here in 1993). Another thing I'll certainly do whilst on holiday is take in a daytime flick @ The Angelika.

I have several friends who've been out of work for awhile (no fault of their own). I suggested they practice the interview with these hardcore tech-interview style riddles. It couldn't hurt, and it just might help. One thing they will not be expected to do on the job interview is to Measure The Speed of Light With Chocolate and a Microwave.

blog: InternetWeek.com editor Mitch Wagner

No comments: