Wednesday, October 22

Sundry

Fry's Electronics sells almost anything; I understand they started as a grocery reseller in the Bay Area, and when they saw how much money they could make selling stuff to nerds, they (mostly) got out of the grocery business. To this day, it's the only place I know where you can buy a motherboard, a comb, a 4 ohm resistor, a 2-liter bottle of cola and a copy of Penthouse under the same roof. Not sure if they sell Campbell's Soup At Hand (I drank/ate their Clam Chowder).

Plaxo has an app that lets you update a central copy of your info which is automagically distributed to the address books of those you specify. Hmmm.

I still find it fascinating that I can't HotSync my Palm Address Book to Microsoft Outlook Express without spending $20 on a 3rd party application (Jibe). Another application (unrelated) which has been spoken highly of is SpamAssassin

The year I arrived in Dallas, there was an ice storm during Thanksgiving. Yaktrax would have come in handy then.

And finally, I waxed nostalgic when I read Is polygamy OK?

No comments: