Tuesday, September 5

what a zoo!

menagerie \muh-NAJ-uh-ree; -NAZH-\, noun:
1. A collection of wild or unusual animals, especially for exhibition.
2. An enclosure where wild or unusual animals are kept or exhibited.
3. A diverse or varied group.
Normally, it's just me, Beta (the wonder dog) and a paracats. Then (Monday night) that expanded by two when Miles and his mom arrived for a visit.

I was off to work when one of the sales critters asked if I would feed with them and a customer. Sure, fine .. we ended up at Blue Fish (18149 Dallas Pkwy) for sushi. Back at the office (1:30?), I spotted an email from HayJax that she'd be dropping Rambo off at 2pm. Eek! Fortunately she was late, but the current tally is now:

3 dogs
2 cats
2 humans

The cats - now outnumbered for the first time in their (9) lives - have gone into hiding For The Duration.

I stopped at The Pet Store to get some supplies (diapers for Rambo - who whizzes on everything; treats for Beta; and a new toy (!) for me: a FURminator deShedding Tool ("it is not a brush" says the marketing propaganda). I wonder if it's time to bring out Larry The Laser Pointer to keep them all occupied?

No comments: