Sunday, July 6

14 days and 6.2 miles later ...

Just got an email that one of my Where's George?® bills made it all the way (3 miles?) to Plano, TX, two weeks after I entered it online. Heck, I could have wadded it up and let the winds blow it and achieved better results! :P My hit rate is just over 2% - 3 bills hit after entering 148. I first used Where's George? in February 2000.

I understand the need to fund it, but the Where's George? web site can be really annoying, due to all the pop-up ads. Each time you enter a bill, you get a pop-up. Ten bills means 10 pop-ups. Unless you use a pop-up blocker. The only one I've found worth keeping is the blocker that comes with the Google™ 2.0 (beta) toolbar (which is Microsoft® Internet Explorer specific, sadly). BUT, the blocker works well.

See Sharp
Jim says .. Henckels, and Gene replies .Wüsthof ! Jim retorts: Kyocera .. you know, Ceramic Knives
Gene replies .. Ceramic Knives ?!?

Summertime, Summertime, Sum-Sum-Summertime
You know I must be in an abnormal mood when I go to Sam's Club® and, instead of buying Diet Dr Pepper™, I buy cases of:

1) Tropical Sprite ReMix™
2) Mountain Dew® LiveWire™
3) Perrier™

I bought the Perrier after watching a History Channel piece on the American Revolution, reminding me that (if it weren't for the French) we'd still be a British colony, and have to speak British instead of English. Jolly good, wink-wink, nudge-nudge, pip-pip, Cheerio! eh bloke?

Job Hunting? spotted: careerxroads.com and for career networking: geekmeet.com

You Don't Know Jack
I own about 2 dozen DVDs: new acquisitions include The Hire (free from BMW Films); Red Dragon (bought it on sale at the only Tower Records™ in Dallas); and 10 (!) Jack Nicholson movies (many of which I bought from CD Universe):

  1. 2001 About Schmidt

  2. 1997 As Good As It Gets

  3. 1996 Mars Attacks!

  4. 1992 A Few Good Men

  5. 1980 The Shining

  6. 1975 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

  7. 1974 Chinatown

  8. 1970 Five Easy Pieces

  9. 1969 Easy Rider

  10. 1960 The Little Shop of Horrors



Speed Dating
Gotta wonder how many other Speed Dating web sites exist (for Dallas)?

8 MinuteDating.com
FastDater.com
FirstGlanceDating.com (and links elsewhere)
ProgressiveDate.com/dallas

and this appears to be an index of sorts:
SpeedDatingSites.com/Texas

No comments: