Saturday, July 12

Strolling for Music .. and Video

after the movie, I strolled across the parking lot and into the Virgin Megastore -- easily the best place for music and movies in Dallas (sorry, Tower). I emerged 45 minutes later (and $120 lighter) but yes, Arnold .. I'll be back.

BTW, virginmega.com sends you to amazon.com, at the moment; I wonder if they'll keep that relationship for a long time? Virgin (not just Virgin Records) has quite a web presence, including VirginMegaMagazine.com and of course Virgin Atlantic Airways

Tonight's finds included CDs by Alpha Blondy (French Reggae); Bob Marley; the Moody Blues and even ZZ Top. and then the DVDs of Dr. Strangelove (my all-time favorite movie); Rebel without a Cause, and some little-known flick called Gone with the Wind. Yeah, I'm in a retro mood lately.

I really need to download my DVD/VHS list to my Palm, so that I don't accidentally buy duplicates (as I did with a half-dozen or so CDs, over the years). I sold those CD duplicates to Half-Price Books (a chain of used book/CD stores).

Recently spotted: videoETA.com lists the estimated DVD release date of movies.

No comments: