Saturday, July 5

the daily snail

The snail mail (US Postal Service™) came. It usually arrives between 10-11am. Today's catch is pretty normal:

1 magazine (Wired™)
1 newsletter (Bottom Line Personal™)
1 catalog (Herrington™)
1 letter from a charity (trashed, including the address labels - see below)
1 survey from National Family Opinion™
1 solicitation (C/C++ Users Journal™) - trashed without opening
1 letter from Entergy™ (new electricity provider: automatic bank draft paperwork)
1 letter from mom

This issue of Wired felt stiff; inside is a CD advertising the Chrysler™ Crossfire. The CD is designed to play in a PC (Windows 98 or higher) or an Apple PowerMac™. Linux users: forget it.

This month, I decided to weigh my mail-order catalogs: 18 pounds! Honestly, I did this so as to balance them in a storage unit (4 piles of 4.5 pounds each). Sometime in the future, someone will find that behavior fascinating. Right.

When I get address labels from a charity, I keep them only when:
a) the address is complete, including the 9-digit ZIP code;
b) the charity is one I support (if their name is on the label);
c) the charity's name is not on the label (if I don't support them).

I dreamed (!) about this blog last night, coming to several conclusions:

  • I won't mention names, at least in any public blog. Friends, relatives, etc. Exceptions include public figures, and my pets (who won't be offended).

  • Nothing goes here that is sensitive info, into my worst enemy's hands (not sure what that might be, since I'm not privy to anything even remotely interesting)

  • I will create a few mini-blogs for stuff like my weird dreams; my therapist (yet to be hired!) will be intrigued. Possible other mini-blogs will include food (I've had a weight problem for years, and have dropped from 275 to 195, with a target of 175)


Did I mention that I take 400 IU of Vitamin E twice daily, to help with my memory? Ginkgo Biloba just didn't do anything for me. I also do the 81mg aspirin therapy. Note: IU (Incredible Universe) is not related to IU (International Units)

No comments: