Saturday, July 19

Connotations

I've had insomnia for several years. Just happened to remember a connotation: "night owl" (which sounds better than insomniac).

I don't know if my brain has a very accurate chronometer, or if I have ESP, but this morning I woke about 2 minutes before the DMN newspaper carrier dropped the paper on the lawn .. at 4:30am (this is not the first time this has happened). I opened my front door in time to see a car's headlights coming down1 the street, so I stepped back and allowed him to toss the paper (rather than spook him with the sight of someone coming down2 the sidewalk to catch the paper) as he tossed it 7 paces onto the lawn.

The National Sleep Foundation has a nice web site, and monthly e-newsletter.

1) down=north to south, versus up=south to north
2) down=east to west, versus up=west to east

No comments: