Saturday, October 30

in search of a sauteed lizard

It always takes a few minutes for the pharmacist to prepare a prescription (adding those warning labels that I shouldn't take the meds if I (Gene Bob) am pregnant).

Rather than cool my heels in the drugstore on Thursday, I strolled next door and grabbed lunch at El Pollo Feliz ("The Happy Chicken") which has been there for 4+ years (all 9 tables!). The chicken is prepared in "tierra caliente style" (hot earth) which is not that fried stuff so common elsewhere. It reminded me of el Pollo Loco ("The Crazy Chicken") which I enjoyed so much when I lived in southern California.
Note to self: remember to try the chicken at Boston Market (I always order the turkey, or the ham, or the meatloaf). Hey, that chain was Formerly Known As Boston Chicken, right?
The counter worker at El Pollo Feliz smiled approvingly when I opted for corn tortillas (versus flour). Before leaving, I snagged a menu, and noticed that they also sell quail (both stew and fried); T-Bone steak; pork chops; gyros (how's that for authentic Mexican?) and -- weekends only -- Plato de Iguana (you heard right: Iguana Plate).

1 comment:

moxifloxacin eye drops said...

Thank you for making this such an awesome place to work every day! To get more information best online drug store from online pharmacy usa.