Friday, October 29

Most Entertaining Race?

Michael King writes (in the Austin Chronicle): The most expensive and the most entertaining race thus far has been in CD 32 in Dallas, where 13-term CD 24 incumbent Martin Frost plopped himself into the Republican stronghold of incumbent Pete Sessions. .... Early talk was that Frost was toast – nobody's saying that now.
Hey - wait a minute! I live in that district! This would explain all those yard signs (half now covered in black spray paint, by one party or the other). The big signs are called "4-by-4's" because they are 4 feet square. Even so, the Dallas sign ordinances (§ 15A-13(a)) allow even larger ones - up to 20 square feet, or 8 feet tall. I heard that the small signs cost the campaign $5 each, and the 4x4's are $30 each. Hmm. So that's where all those campaign contributions are going.

Indeed, the charges and counter-charges have been flying fast and furious in CD [Congressional District] 32 .. I wonder if I can vote for None Of The Above? Oh wait .. I just remembered -- I've already voted. Never mind; it's time to calm down.

No comments: