Saturday, October 23

now I can sleep at night ...

It took about 17 minutes to Early Vote today (yes, the polls are open on the weekends, too). Of that 17 minutes, about 2 minutes were needed to actually vote, with the remainder spent standing in line (13 minutes) and verifying my identification and signing the voter form (2 minutes). The poll workers said it's been a week of long lines, but things have proceeded smoothly.

I noticed that Dallas County is using the iVotronic™ Touch Screen Voting System which is a different one than in years past. Once I was in front of the ballot, it went pretty quick. If you're familiar with a touchscreen, it's not hard. Just anticipate Fat Finger Disease for the occasional wrong choice (just touch again to correct any mistakes). I can only hope that no airheads were voting!

As an added bonus, the Rec Center was also selling the Dallas Passbook for $20 (which is $5 less than you'd pay online). Woo hoo!

No comments: