Tuesday, February 3

the story of Jell-O Head

A Canadian co-worker forwarded the sad story of Robert Chetwynd (a.k.a. Jell-O Head) in the drive-thru at Tim Hortons (a coffee franchise, started North of the Border). Note: the double-doubles at Tim Horton's are unrelated to the double-doubles at In-N-Out Burger (California, Arizona, etc.).

Aside: I have no clue if Mr. Jell-O Head is related to Chetwynd, the city (which I would like to visit this summer).

This reminds me of the legendary Caribou Coffee places in the Yankee states, which compete with Starbucks down here in Dixie. You can never have too many Starbucks; there are 4 locations within 5 minutes of my home, and I spotted a 5th one under construction a few weeks ago.

None of us had coffee in our systems at bowling last night; each of us posted a 630+ (handicapped) series .. first time we've done that all season. Hmm .. gotta do that again next week, and the week after, and the week after ...

No comments: