Sunday, March 28

run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run ...

The George advised she'll participate in today's Shamrock Shuffle (Chicago). Only 15,000 participants; I hope she doesn't get agoraphobia.

I wondered what races were taking place in my part of the world, so I did a little web searching and wandered across the Cross Country Club of Dallas site. I like their caveat: "Don't let the name fool you. We are a club for ROAD runners and walkers." I searched for related sites and found Run On! (a local specialty store); Lake Grapevine Runners and Walkers and North Texas Trail Runners.

Those led me to listings for the Texas Marathon (today); the Flapjack Best of Times Club Race (next Saturday); the Tyler Azalea Run (17 April); the Hound Dog Hustle (24 April, Grapevine); Run the Bases (24 April at the Ballpark in Arlington); and the White Rock n'Roll Race (1 May) ... and then there is The Half (7 November). Wow: lots of running, running, running ...

A few years ago, I attended the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® at the JC Penney campus in Plano (I was requested to take pictures of my company's participation).

No comments: