Tuesday, April 27

patent THIS !

I've scribbled here before about the problems with the US Patent Office. I predict that this will become a bigger issue in the coming years, when people start realizing that giving patents for almost anything does have repercussions. In that light, it was interesting to read an article about the Electronic Frontier Foundation's work: EFF Launches Patent-Busting Campaign

Last week when I rented a "car" I was given a Ford Escape for the day. So it was a surprise when I saw that a recall has been issued against it: Ford Escape SUVs recalled because they may stall at moderate speed. That would've been nice to know, had I experienced the problem. When I rent a car, I'd like to know (a) what recalls have been issued again that model and (b) if the car rental company has made the repairs.

No comments: