Saturday, November 6

Gene Bob at GeBo's

After hearing that fox urine can be used to chase away squirrels, I decided to seek out this wonderful stuff. First stop was at Gebo's Farm Supply in McKinney (25 minutes northeast). Jill-Bob says she's been there many times.



Once I explained that I was The Gene Bob, a crowd of people gathered for autographs, and I was able to snarf a gimme cap in the process. I promised to send some business their way, so .. ya'll get yer butts out to Gebo's in McKinney, on the northwest corner of 380 and 75! 

Now, it turns out that Gebo's didn't have any fox urine (I know, I know .. hard to believe .. but hey! - they seemed to stock everything else you'd need for your ranch), but one of their very helpful employees pointed me to Collin County Feed & Seed (downtown McKinney, on Chestnut Street - near the water tower). Indeed, they had a fresh batch, from Leg Up Enterprises which sells a full line of Predator Urine Products (coyote, bobcat, mountain lion, wolf). Talk about a specialty business!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like ya new picture, G...you look so young. (Captain)

Anonymous said...

Not only young, but boyishly slender too. GB, I know where to get a huge variety of animal urines in Burlingame, CA, but I haven't found them to be effective.

Gene said...

since making my purchase, i've begin to wonder about the fox urine.

1: how do I know it's not really gopher urine, or porcupine urine?

2. where's the Quality Control? are the critters fed the same diet, year in and year out, then asked to "pee in a cup"?

Anonymous said...

I tried that fox urine last year. Ordered it from up north from a supplier in Minesota. It does not work. The squirrels left tracks in it on the way to their holes. Have no found anything in 2 years that works. Rat traps baited with peanuts worked till they got use to them.

Gene said...

Could it be that Texas squirrels know that Minnesota foxes are nothing to worry about?