Wednesday, November 17

well, fold my proteome!


the UD Agent (computational chemistry screen saver) is on a Human Proteome Folding Project this morning (before, it has only been seeking smallpox or cancer cures). I noticed because the graphics are significantly different! It is explained thus:
"This project is determining how proteins coded by the human gene sequences are most likely to fold. This knowledge will help scientists build the understanding needed to develop new treatments for diseases."
Uh, okay. Now, will that help explain why 51-48 is suddenly a mandate .. or is Human Proteome Folding just that much simpler?

There's more information available on world Community Grid.org in case you want to trying folding your own proteomes. This reminds me, I must go fold laundry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello G,

The smallpox has finished its second stage so now it`s up to the scientists to do the business.

I haven`t seen the new project and your picture gives a glimpse of what its like. I`m sticking with the cancer thingy...for now. (Shield)