Friday, November 19

tell me it isn't phô !!

tonight, I tried something new for dinner: Ethnic Gourmet's rendition of Thit Ga Kho Tieu (Vietnamese chicken and vegetables). It was yummy. I often choose Thai dishes based on how much they sound like the orginal Klingon, and I now will use the same technique for Vietnamese dishes.

trivia: a Vietnamese friend once told me how to pronounce "phô" (Vietnamese noodles): pretend you're in the middle of a bad word, and the Pope walks in the door. so,
phô => phuh (and Nguyen => when) !

my dishwasher installation will supposedly happen tomorrow morning. this is sooooo exciting. My World War II era dishwasher will fade into the sunset.

Nostradamus (the chap who opined several hundred thousand vague predictions) should take notes: H.L. Menchen was right when (in 1920) he wrote "eventually the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

No comments: