Thursday, November 18

honk, sniff (repeat)

I've been under the weather the last 36 hours with a wannabe-cold. Somebody at my breakfast meeting said I probably got it at the hospital on Monday, when I participated in the terrorist drill. "Everybody knows that hospitals are full of germs," (said the Fox "News" devotee).

I've been gargling with Listerine (well, not really - Walgreens' Fresh Breath™ Antiseptic Mouth Rinse has the same ingredients and costs about 60% less) and trying to get some sleep, with Beta (the Wonder Dog) snuggling nearby. I've still got the sniffles and a dry, intermittent cough.

Other exciting drama:
1) SBC finally restarted my CallerID (they inexplicably removed it when they processed my request to make an unrelated change). The guy at SBC Repair said they wouldn't change me for adding this service -- well, isn't that special? I suppose it would have presumptuous of me to ask for a refund for the 13 days it was down;

2) Comcast finally diagnosed my cable problem (a wire on the pole was cut when they upgraded the cable 12 days ago). Like SBC, they didn't offer a refund for their mistake;

3) my replacement dishwasher arrived, but the installer has yet to be scheduled. this close to Thanksgiving, I don't know what the odds are of getting that done. in theory, i'm In The Queue.

1 comment:

Gene said...

I gargled with mouthwash to make the COLD go away. Not to infer that Beta (the Wonder Dog) wasn't impressed by the thought.

-GeBo