Sunday, November 7

lazy days and Saturdays*

Yesterday was one of those "woke up, got outta bed" days, minus the comb. Why use a comb when you have a nice new gimme cap? So, I fulfilled my duty and rendezvoused with HayJax and Jill-Bob at The Londoner in Addison (on Midway, a bit south of Beltline, SE corner). It was mostly a day to sit in sunny 75F weather and plan our Turkey Day feast (my motion for turkey bologna on a Ritz died, for lack of a second).

When I returned home, I noticed that one wall plug, one light switch, and the cable TV were out. I could understand if it were just the cable, or just the light switch, but to have them fail simultaneously is odd. I suppose a squirrel in the attic could've gnawed through the cable, then fried her/himself on the power. I checked the circuit breaker and none had been tripped. Hmm .. a mystery.

What was not a mystery is how Beta (the Wonder Dog) reacted to her new Apple Banana Bark Bars from Petropolitan. Yee haa .. I've seldom seen her as giddy as when she was munching on one. Then she came over, laid her head in my lap and wagged her tail. What is it, Lassie? Did Timmy fall down a well?

* no relation to the Carpenters' "Rainy Days and Mondays"

No comments: