Sunday, November 23

interMISHin? whazzat?

I awoke to the sound of a strong wind, followed a few minutes later by an equally strong rain (a good test for my new GutterHelmet®). Now, all is quiet.

Friday night's movie @ Trish & Scott's was Brazil (Robert De Niro played an important cameo role). Watching it on the 65" HDTV thing was amusing. I haven't seen that movie since Bob and I rented it on VHS (back in Los Angeles). I must Blog Bob sometime .. hmm.

I watched the first half of The Sand Pebbles (Steve McQueen, etc.) on DVD last night. I had to laugh when, at the 90-minute mark, the screen faded to black and the word INTERMISSION appeared. I was a bit tired and not ready for another 90 minutes, so I pressed [stop] and the DVD thoughtfully said something like "okay .. saving current state" so I'm expecting to pick up where I left off.

Wonder if I could program a veeper to act as me so I never have to leave home again?

in the "whew, that's a relief" category: Larry Dignan's article Does Honesty Pay Off?: conventional wisdom says there's no financial return in meeting the fraud-fighting requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002

GoogL'ost: Mondo Times and magazania

No comments: