Saturday, November 1

meeting day

woke up at 6a, fetched+read the DMN then showered and dropped off newspapers at 7a @ the SMD (Specially Marked Dumpster) by the elementary school (I needed to free my recycling bin to hold the coffee paraphenalia - below). then, off to Albertsons to get 6 dozen donuts then off to Starbucks to fetch a 5-gallon Camtainer® (made by Cambro Manufacturing) of coffee, then off to the 8a meeting. Only 30 people showed (of 60 planned) so several people went home with extra coffee and/or donuts.

Once that was done, I put the Camtainer back in my car and will return it later, but first I had to meet 2 co-workers at 10a @ Plano Super Bowl for some Saturday morning practice. It was a very different crowd than on league night .. nearly all were elementary school (or younger) children .. complete with balloons, birthday songs, and so on. Todd (aka Skipper) brought his 5-year old daughter, and she bowled one game (84) without the bumpers! John and I were also incognito as Gilligan and Shelob (the Giant Cave Spider).

I'm still getting the hang of bowling the curve ball (as you release the ball, you spin the ball slightly, as if you are shaking hands with someone) but this is helping my average by about 40 pins a game. Could be worse; I could be training for a marathon.

No comments: