Sunday, November 9

International Sunday

Spent 3+ hours today at the DFW International Festival. The weather was pleasant enough, allowing for dry movement between the buildings (St. Mark's School of Texas campus), around the food court and back to the jousting area. There were 2 gymnasiums full of (surprise!) international exhibits, each with a stage for live music and dance. A couple exhibitors were really out there (politically) espousing such bizarre causes as "Give Peace A Chance" (honestly!).

I bought a couple CDs (Incan influence) from Wayanay .. very restful stuff (so much so that while playing them at home, I passed out on the couch for hours). Also sampled a döner (yum!) at the Turkish food booth; special thanks go to Jill-Bob for helping me finish this off (she also spotted a way to test my parallel parking ability, after we discussed my theory of "college mode parking" (aka stalking the pedestrians)).

One of the unmanned booths (but with a big website banner) was the Pakistan Society of North Texas. I didn't spot any booths from Iraq or North Korea, but Iran (the only representative of the Axis of Evil) was represented. There were 2 booths each for Russia; India and Vietnam .. not sure what was going on there.

Sadly, my camera's flash somehow landed in one of those special-effects modes, which I didn't notice until I got home. As a result, the only clear photos are those taken without the flash. {sigh} Will have to return to the festival next year and correct this mistake.

No comments: