Sunday, January 2

the transformation to Helpful

Everybody Knows™ that it takes 21 days of repetition to make something a habit.
Deep Thought #55: is shopping considered habitual?
Friday, I joined the Helpful Hardware Club. Ordinarily (pre-Choose The Blue) I went to Home Depot for anything home-improvement related. Sure, their stores are large and odds are good that they'll have what I want, but I won't shop there if the price is that I'm indirectly supporting one political party over another (94% of Home Depot's contributions went to the right-wing sociopaths).

So, when I needed a little home improving, I went to Ace Hardware instead (and spent money!)

Now, my new habit of going anywhere but Home Depot means I will spend many fewer dollars with them, and go to either Lowe's or Ace Hardware instead (they were closer anyway)! Caveat: there's no information online about Home Depot competitors' political contributions: I could change my habits again, once that information becomes public.

Frankly, I know Home Depot doesn't care that they lost me as a customer (my protest is akin to whizzin' in the wind), but I'll feel better knowing that I'm not helping The Most Corrupt President Since William Howard Taft, and Everybody Knows™ how awful that was!



Everybody Knows is a trademark of Fox "News"; Rush Limbaugh Productions; and the Christian Fascist Republican Party.

No comments: