Sunday, July 18

... and a good time was had by all

Trish-Bob [T-B] and I grabbed a bite at Thai Soon then moseyed over to Deep Ellum and had a superb time at Trees last night, watching They Might Be Giants (aka The Johns, aka TMBG) along with 4 of Trish-Bob's friends. Should've known it'd be a good outing, with the line snaking down the sidewalk, through the parking lot and into the shore of White Rock Lake.

 Posted by Hello

There were two warmup groups: Common Rotation (excellent) and Corn Mo (belongs in an institition). My dainty digicam did a credible job capturing videos of the performances (including an infamous accordion duet when Corn Mo and TMBG collaborated) .. I just wish the audio was as good (the volume must have overwhelmed its little microphone). Bonus: Common Rotation sang a very funny (well, to some people) diddy about WMDs.

T-B posted several JPEGs and WMVs (not to be confused with WMDs) to the web for your downloading pleasure. T-B was busy dancing and signing singing, but I'm sworn to secrecy about that. They're playing again there tonight but I'd expect a smaller crowd; I mean, who goes to a concert on a Sunday night?

No comments: