Thursday, July 8

can't get you out of my mind ...

It's obvious Michael Moore has gotten under a lot of skins in the past few weeks. I continue to wander across blogs where it says
"Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 movie is anti-American. I'm proud to vote for GWB, because he's a Man Of Faith! I haven't seen the movie, since that would mean I'd have to pay money which would go to Moore. But when it comes out on HBO, you bet I'll be in front of the screen!"
These ostriches are insulting to those of who listen to opposing viewpoints before making up our minds. Sadly, this is The State Of The American Voter, who have been told what to think by Rush Limbaugh and Susan Coulter and others of their ilk. They'd be quite happy parroting what's on the anti-Moore websites: MooreLies.com and MooreWatch.com, or James Lileks' The Bleat (there are many others).

I'll wager that none of these ostriches ever took an accounting or economics class in their lives. Trying to explain that Michael Moore will receive a coin or two when his movie comes out on "free" HBO is like expecting Beta The Wonder Dog to translate Shakespeare into Swahili.

No comments: