Saturday, July 10

from smallpox to peaches

Today is my one year anniversary of running the United Devices Agent (as a background task) on my PC. Every few days, I check the status display to see whether it's looking for a cure for Cancer or Smallpox (it's always one or the other). I think this is much more productive than searching for extra-terrestrial radio stations.

Completely unrelated: after breakfasting with Eric-Bob at Bic's, I went to the
Parker County Peach Festival Posted by Hello (in Historic Downtown Weatherford) - about 70 miles from home. One of the first things you see when entering the city is one of those ugly blue-and-grey buildings, with the yellow letters on the front. Fortunately, it returns to mid-size Texas town soon after. I basically "winged it" today .. I knew roughly where the town was, and exited at the 2nd of 3 exits from I-20, then followed the cars. There were numerous signs for "Shuttle Service" but I decided to try parking near the event (I arrived at 1pm). It was no problem finding parking about 1 block away, and then I moseyed through the exhibits, listened to some music, and sampled some peach ice cream and a peach smoothie (both were Yummy - with a capital Y).

No comments: