Friday, July 23

perpetual motion machine

I knew I hadn't dreamed this. I first saw it 3 days ago on one of the international news channels that's on my DirecTV satellite feed. It seems that we are creating a self-perpetuating situation in Iraq, so that our soldiers can stay there indefinitely.

First: invade and destroy Iraq's weapons.

Next: sell Iraq replacement weapons (so they can kill the Coalition Forces who remain). Sound crazy? Then read this about the lifting of the arms embargo: Arms suppliers scramble into Iraq

This comes months after the US complained about handguns being sold to Iraq; mind you, it's only the fact that (December 2003) a non-US company was awarded the contract, so (presumably) our soldiers will be killed by Smith & Wesson instead of (Austrian) Glock. This is just too bizarre. What am I missing?

No comments: