Wednesday, July 21

beware of thoughts not spewed by Rush and Ann

Yesterday, I went to the "Getting Started" meeting at Right Management (the outsourcing company that Sun contracted with). I have up to 4 months of their services, but I'm hoping not to require that much help. A fresh set of eyes won't hurt as I begin my first real job search in a long time. Although I was RIF'd in May, I needed some time off (for nearly 15 years of good behavior). Now, I'm starting to get a bit bored, so it's time to start The Process.

Unrelated: every once in awhile, I nose around publications that i don't usually nose around. Today, it was The Village Voice. Two items amused me: 1) Big Number Two, by John Powers (about "the spookiest VP in American history") and 2) The Church of Bush, by Rick Perlstein. Both are entertaining, sometimes thought provoking. Neither will kill you. They'll both serve as conditioning to all the pontificating, positioning and persuasion we'll all face as the conventions take place. Personally, I'll watch The Daily Show each night to find out what happened.

Deep Thought #40: You owe it to yourself to read opposing views; this builds strong character.

No comments: