Thursday, August 19

Beta's tummy

I'm concerned about Beta the Wonder Dog; she has an upset stomach. For the past day, she's been regurgitating bile and grass throughout the house. Often, she'll give me enough warning so as to get outside, but not always.

Now, she's not eating her regular food, and can't keep anything down. I gave her some fresh water and a Breathbuster dog biscuit, but (30 minutes later) that mix is now part of the carpet.

I hate to be a hypochondriac and take her to the vet, when all she did is chew on some bad grass in the backyard, but ...
9am update: If it were my upset stomach, I'd pop a Tums tablet, or maybe Mylanta liquid. I thought about this, then nosed around the web to see if that'd be safe for my canine friend. Indeed, there are several references to it helping with calcium problems, so I decided to give her a couple tablets. So far, so good. Time will tell?

No comments: