Friday, August 20

"doing a Newham" : I like it!

Thanks to BS (not a -Bob) for pointing me to Find-a-Drug. I promise I'll only run it when the UD Agent is down for maintenance.

Deep Thought #43: When someone says "it's not about the money ...", it is ALL about the money.

Case in point: Officials say Linux not a price ploy in Microsoft deal. The term "doing a Newham" refers to pushing Microsoft for lower licensing costs by threatening to "go Linux"; I find it hard to believe that Microsoft considers Linux to be serious competition. Last time I looked, Linux still had less than 3% of the server market share (and this is years after it became politically okay to deploy on something other than Microsoft).

Yesterday, I rendezvoused with Renegade at Culver's in McKinney, and sampled their Pot Roast Sandwich (2 thumbs up!) and a ButterBurger (okay, but not extraordinary). Renegade had the Philly Ribeye Sandwich, which extended well outside the bun (and vanished quickly from his plate). Since Culver's faces 75-Central and is next to a movieplex, I'm predicting it'll do well. Location, location, location is key to success as a QSR (so I've been told).

Finally, I got a free car wash yesterday (my gauge says 1.8" of rain) but still need to hand-wash the wheels. Gotta love organic brake shoes and that black carbon (graphite?) build-up. Hey, they do stop the car efficiently!

No comments: