Monday, August 9

melons, caves and UB-40

A few weeks ago, I heard that Blue Bell Creameries was making Cantaloupe & Cream ice cream, so I just had to track it down. I decided to try Tom Thumb first since they usually have a good supply of Blue Bell products and .. paydirt! .. I found it quickly. The label says PecoSweet, so this is undoubtedly made from Pecos, Texas melons. I'm surprised that the local ice cream chains (Marble Slab Creamery and Braum's) haven't dabbled in cantaloupe yet. No surprise that the national chains (e.g. Baskin Robbins) haven't caught on.

Aside #1: to get to Carlsbad Caverns from here, you take I-20 to Pecos and turn right, basically.

Aside #2: I added myself to the Labor Statistics today. This was all done over the web via the Texas Workforce Commission [TWC] website. So, when you hear that unemployment claims increased in August, think of me. The band UB-40 got its name from the Unemployment Benefits Form #40; pretty exciting trivia, huh?

Aside #3: we swept the opposing team at bowling tonight, and this should move us into the #3 slot, going into Position Week. Woo hoo.

No comments: