Friday, August 6

A Friday To Remember

I started today by reading the Thursday and Friday editions of the Dallas Managed News, since I never found time to put yesterday's in the (x)read column. Then, just prior to noon, I moseyed over to Addison's Most Boring Place and was entertained by JB and Brian, until Drew-Bob appeared and enthralled us with heart-stopping tales of his birth at Florence Nightingale Hospital (now part of Baylor Hospital). I autographed this week's copy of The Dallas Observer for Drew, and advised that -- one day -- it will fund his retirement.

Following that, I moseyed downtown to pick up my new license plates; the Records Building (squeezed between The Grassy Knoll and the John Neely Bryan Log Cabin) closes at 4pm and I arrived at 3:40 or so and braved the short line, walking out of the building at 4:01pm with new plates in hand. As I left downtown via Elm Street, I crossed over the X (painted in the road) which marks where Oswald's bullet landed, over 40 years ago. The Sixth Floor Museum is still the #1 tourist destination in Dallas.

Next stop was the grocery, where I found an "in-house special" of milk for 99c per gallon (versus $3.15 for the milk in the regular location). Am guessing this is for gallons whose "Sell By ..." date is today. Most of the time, I buy grocery items that are on sale since it provides the opportunity to grab something New! and Improved! which I'd normally not buy. Variety? It's the spice of life!

From the campaign trail

Some putz didn't like John Kerry's retort after the 3 bank robberies in Davenport, Iowa when he and GWB were campaigning 3 blocks apart (Wednesday). Kerry said something like "both the President and I have air-tight alibis". I was amused, but perhaps the robbery victims wouldn't see the humor.

And finally, I wonder how many of these "facts" are real?
Still undecided in the election? Just So You Know makes for fun reading.

No comments: