Thursday, August 5

Yellow Dog Republicans

In 1928, opponents of Alabama's Tom Heflin said something like "I'd vote for a yellow dog if it were a Democrat," and thus the term Yellow Dog Democrat was born. At some point, that became attached to Texas, where Democrats reigned for several generations. Things have changed, and now Texans would vote for a yellow dog, if it were a Republican. I'm not sure when people stopped thinking before voting, but the sad state of affairs is exactly that.

Today, I see that Sen. John McCain of Arizona broke ranks and has come out against the latest ads being aired in Ohio, Wisconsin and West Virginia. It's enough to make me want to move to Arizona so I can vote for him.
Note: here is the Friday update to the GOP Smear Tactic
Unrelated: Sundry on Thursday is now updated for today. Please hold the applause.

No comments: