Tuesday, August 17

of Labor Day and the 5 Hula Hoops

Only 18 days remain until Westfest (in West, Texas). It's been about 15 months since I got my fill of polka, so time for a refresher. Am hoping they sell Polka Dots this time.

Yahoo! Maps says West, Texas is about 90 miles and 2 hours away. Being the math whiz that I am, this assumes an average speed of 45mph. Guess I should get the horse and buggy out of the toolshed, so as to devolve to that speed.

Also (unrelated) a couple people have gathered in Greece for something called The Olympic Games. Not knowing much about it, I Googled it and found that the ancient Olympic Games began in 776 B.C. and continued to 393 A.D. (the 293rd Olympiad), then the modern Olympic games (re-)started in 1896. Certainly, this stuff pales in comparison with WestFest (above) but I thought I'd mention it anyway, being a full disclosure guy and all ...

No comments: