Friday, August 27

If they've lost Garrison Keillor, they've lost middle America.

One of the many RSS feeds I watch pointed to We're Not in Lake Wobegon Anymore (subtitled "How did the Party of Lincoln and Liberty transmogrify into the party of Newt Gingrich's evil spawn and their Etch-A-Sketch president, a dull and rigid man, whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk?).

In case you don't know, Garrison Keillor is the genius behind radio's A Prairie Home Companion which begat the book Lake Wobegon Days, and is (IMHO) one of America's great authors.

Comment #1: Garrison needs to work on shorter subtitles.

Comment #2: If the GOP has lost Garrison Keillor, they've lost middle America. (okay, so I took poetic license with LBJ's famous VietNam war-era quote "If I've lost Cronkite, I've lost middle America.")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE Garrison! Listen to Prarie Home Companion whenever I get the chance!

(Trish, btw - too lazy to log in)