Wednesday, June 21

National Aboriginal Day

Since I've decided to turn Canadian, it's important that I celebrate all the Canadian holidays, including today - National Aboriginal Day. I'm not sure exactly how to celebrate, so I guess I'll just act aboriginal all day, eh? Suggestions welcome.



Unrelated: too bad the Dallas Mavericks (basketball) lost the last 4 games in a row, thus losing the series 2-4. I guess that the Rocket Scientists at Dallas City Hall (who predicted a sweep after game 2) can cancel the NBA Championship Parade.

Since there was the obligatory bet-between-mayors, looks like Dallas Mayor Laura Miller will forward these "Dallas’ local delicacies" to Miami Mayor Manny Diaz:

Cowboy Boots – from Wild Bills Western Store
Cowboy Hat – from Wild Bills Western Store
BBQ from Sonny Bryan’s Smokehouse – World Famous BBQ
Tex-Mex food items – from La Calle Doce
Sweet Tea & Dr. Pepper
Pecan Pie
Mayor Laura is also obligated to participate in a “Jersey Swap” where she must wear a Miami Heat jersey – autographed by a star player - to a meeting of the Dallas City Council on June 28th (next Wednesday).

No comments: