Monday, March 7

staring down the barrel of the IRS

Every year at about this time, I sit down on an otherwise clean floor and sort all the stuff for my taxes, due April 15th. Why I wait until early March (when all the paperwork has certainly arrived by early February) is beyond me, but .. it's tradition. Maybe this goes back to the Days Of Yore when I'd have to write a check on 15.4?

At any rate, I shall now take my Bundle Of Joy and put it in my CPA's hands and then wait for them to call and say The Deed Is Done - Your Documents Are Ready. Yes, I could probably do my own taxes, but having a CPA as intermediary means that I don't have to concern myself with changes in the tax code and all that other stuff. I can just concentrate on making money so as to keep the economy going, eh?

Unrelated: in am email, William-Bob says (t)here's an old saying:
"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
I'm not sure what he's trying to tell me, but I'm sure it's real important.

No comments: