Tuesday, June 28

does this Coke make me look phat?

Okay, I think I get it. Maybe not.

Tonight, I tried the new Coca-Cola Zero and my first reaction is: it's okay. No aftertaste, and no calories. Does that mean it's targeting the Diet Coke crowd? Is it hoping to capture water drinkers? Other soda drinkers? Milk drinkers?

(after another sip:) It does have a beforetaste, I think. After nosing around several websites, I think the "sweeteners in Coca-Cola matrix" is:
 ace-k*aspartame
(NutraSweet™)
sucralose
(Splenda™)
high fructose corn syrupsaccharin
Coca-Cola---yes-
Coca-Cola Zeroyesyes---
Diet Coke-yes---
Diet Coke w/Splendayes-yes--
Tab-yes--yes
Coca-Cola C2yesyesyes--
* ace-k is shorthand for Acesulfame-Potassium (yet another artificial sweetener). There's a good explanation of diet soda sweeteners on answers.com.

After watching the commercial, I think it's targeted at the same group who buys cellphones off the rack at Target (Virgin Mobile). But hey - that's the cell carrier I use!

Okay, okay. As if! So like, lemme like .. axe you: does Coca-Cola Zero make me phat?

2 comments:

TrshTwns01 said...

Have you figured out the difference between Zero and Diet? They taste a bit different when done side-by-side, but reading the nutritional *laugh* information on the back, they are the same. So, what's the point? Getting away from the 'diet' terminology? Is the formula really that different, or did it just get tweaked to justify the change?

Mike (Not-A-Bob) said...

Ace-k?

What the heck is that? Is that anything like Ice-9?