Monday, June 20

philosophy offer expires soon ...

Okey, I don't get it. In an email from drugstore.com, there was an offer of Free Shipping through Friday. Immediately below that was the line:
philosophy offer expires Friday, July 29, 2005
Huh? I suspect this is the result of a human's failure to catch an aggressive spell-checker, but .. maybe not. I checked the email for sage bits of wisdom ("don't count your chickens before they hatch", etc.) but didn't see anything. Maybe they're confusing philosophy and aspirin. Alas, I am befuddled. Since this is not the first time, I suppose you could say that I am re-befuddled.

I've been using the Microsoft Fingerprint Reader for a long time now, and have come to understand it's subtle nuances:
  1. it's incompatible with some software;
  2. it needs to be cleaned - free of the oil from my slimy fingers;
  3. it doesn't work well when I have dust/dirt on my fingers (after working in the yard);
  4. it lulls me into forgetfulness when I access a site from another computer
That said, I was amused to see an article about a California company (how come they're so Dad Blamed Innovative?): Point of sale: Retailers try their hand at finger-scanning payment system. I suppose the message is: if it'll work at Piggly-Wiggly, it'll work anywhere.

Unrelated: anyone up for a road trip to Luling? It's almost time for their annual Watermelon Thump!

1 comment:

Jill said...

philosophy is a brand of personal care products (lotion, shampoo, etc.). --JB