Wednesday, December 22

frohe Weihnachten, ya'll!

First, to my good friends in Germany: frohe Weihnachten und glückliches neues Jahr! (Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!)

I miss working with my German friends. When I was working with 250 website content authors (on the OneStop (Sun internal) website that I created), the 8 or so Germans were among my favorites (truly!). You were always precise in your work, and made my job much easier. I hope I was able to make that sentiment known!



Several times a year, the various "yellow page" publishers (phone companies, etc.) deliver their phone books to my door. This year, SBC's books arrived in two sizes: one normal, and one smaller version. Huh?

I spotted a folded insert inside the smaller version, and therein was the explanation: the 1.7 pound book is the New! Mini SBC Yellow Pages! (a condensed version of the usual 5 pound edition). The idea is that you can place the smaller version in your car! I'm guessing this will provide endless hours of pleasure, as it will give me something to read when I'm stuck in traffic.

Noteworthy: the Mini version has 60 pages of listings for attorneys, while the large version has 100 pages of their listings. Hmmm; perhaps this is progress?

No comments: