Friday, December 24

Festivus 2004

I survived Festivus (yesterday) and followed my family's time-honored tradition of taking my pets to the veterinarian for their vaccinations. I think it's important for every family to develop their own Festivus traditions, versus doing the same thing that their neighbors prescribe. Example: if everyone took their pets2vet4shots on December 23rd, I wouldn't be able to get an appointment, and that just wouldn't be right.

I checked the US Postal Service website, and eventually found a list of 2004 holidays (which contains New Year's Day 2005 but not New Year's Day 2004 - go figure).
Deep Thought #50: Christmas is a postal holiday, yet no other religious holidays are postal-free. Although, it could be argued that since there's no mail delivery on Sunday, there are an additional 52 Christian-only mail holidays every year.
It won't be long now, before Rambo comes for a visit! I won't even try to explain why the phrase "Travel Is Glamorous" now holds all new meaning to both Jill-Bob and THE George.
Deep Thought #51: if everyone used smaller paper, our desks wouldn't be so messy.
Yesterday, I was baffled to hear that William-Bob doesn't share my enthusiasm for migrating the US National Paper Standard from 8½x11 inch paper to 3x5 inches (and legal size from 8½x17 to 4x6). He suggested A4, but Everybody Knows™ that's a model of Audi (automobile) and not a respectable paper size. And that logic about using the √2 as a paper ratio .. well, don't get me started.



Everybody Knows is a trademark of Fox "News"; Rush Limbaugh Productions; and the Christian Fascist Republican Party. [Ann Coulter's] Foul Mouth Enterprises has apparently been dissolved, for lack of interest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the honorable mention...Yes, Jill-Bob and I had a very glamorous evening a top a very tall building. She has the same love of being in tall buildings.

Small correction on the spelling of my name. It is "the" George notice the lower case 't'. I am very modest person. :-) 'T' is just TOO austintageous for even moi'.

- Ho, ho, ho 'da' George