Friday, December 31

cornucopia is not onomatopoetic

I thought of titling this posting "onomatopoeia" but (after reading the dictionary definition) decided that I had the wrong connotation (I hate it when that happens!). Much of my life has been dictated by the precise use of the English language.

Like, maybe when I grow up I'll be like a writer or some junk?

I'm sure you're asking yourself "why did he think of onomatopoeia at all?" .. it's been bouncing around inside my head ever since one of Todd Rundgren's CDs arrived a few days ago. I've enjoyed his timeless music since the mid-70's, and I can only say that about a handful of artists. I wonder if he ever did a rendition of Auld Lang Syne?

[onomatopoeia] is one of Rundgren's many songs. It's also a word that I consistently misspell : that 4th [o] just doesn't belong!

Anyhoo, I'm planning to celebrate this last day of 2004 by raking the remaining front yard leaves (I did the backyard ones yesterday). Do I know how to party, or what?

No comments: