Friday, December 3

the start of a great movement?

Today, this is little more than a logo:

(Coalition of Unpaid Bloggers). To read more, see Eric Siegmund's blog (from lovely west Texas)

Other than the various laxatives on sale at our local chemist drugstore or grocery, I can't recall any great movements in this country, since the anti-(Vietnam) war movement of the 1960's. Alas, my parents wouldn't drive me to any of the protest marches, nor let me spend my allowance on hippie love beads or Earth shoes.

Sure, there have been demonstrations here and there (the 1995 Million Man March, the 2004 Million Woman March, etc.) but I'm not sure I even know what they were marching about, which is counterintuitive to holding the thing in the first place, n'est pas?*

* a French phrase meaning (literally) "ain't that right?"

No comments: